What’s your favorite combo?
Monday, March 23 is National Chip and Dip Day. There are a lot of combinations in the world. What are the favorites at Kaulig Racing? Read here!
Amanda Leach, Garrett Steiger, Alex Yontz and Casey Lajoie’s favorite combo is buffalo chicken dip. So good you can eat it with a spoon or with pita chips! Here’s a recipe you can try!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
- 8 oz (250g) g block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white Cheddar cheese freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup American cheddar freshly shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional to serve)
- 2 teaspoons green onions, sliced ( or chives)
- Celery sticks carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crusty bread pieces, potato chips, for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Arrange oven rack to the middle of your oven.
- 2. In a cast-iron skillet (or an ovenproof pan), melt the butter over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant (30 seconds). Add the chicken and hot sauce and simmer until sauce has thickened and reduced by half (about 2 minutes).
- 3. Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese; mix until combined. Take off heat, stir through sour cream and top with both cheddar cheese(s) over the top.
- 4. Bake until bubbling around the edges and the cheese has melted (about 10 minutes). Broil (or grill) for a further minute to brown on top.
- 5. Immediately garnish with blue cheese and green onions. Serve with vegetable sticks, chips, crusty bread pieces for dipping.
Carly Miktuk’s favorite is a vegan-friendly combo — Veggie Chips and Hummus
- chick peas (skins removed)
- fresh garlic
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and cumin
- olive oil
- Add all items to a blender or food processor
- paprika to serve
Chips and Salsa are an all-time favorite at Kaulig Racing! Ryan Richmond and Tim Sanders love the combo. Kaulig Racing President, Chris Rice, likes to add Queso into the mix with chips and salsa. Here’s a great recipe!
- 1 –10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and membranes removed
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Chop onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Add to food processor or blender.
- Add in diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- Add in honey, salt, cilantro and line juice.
- Blend in food processor
A tailgate favorite? Lennie Chandler and Justin Cox’s favorite combo is scoops chips and sausage dip! Check out this great sausage dip recipe!
- 1 Tspn of olive oil
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 14.5 ounce can of Rotel
- 16 ounces cream cheese cut into pieces
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook until brown
- Drain excess grease, and return to medium-low heat
- Add cream cheese and Rotel (don’t drain) and stir frequently until cream cheese is completely melted
- Serve with chips
Tire specialist, Bryce Bratton, likes simple and filling! His favorite combo is sour cream and ridges chips! Here’s a great recipe with sour cream as a base!
- 2 tbspn vegetable oil
- 2 cups minced onion
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 ½ tsp low sodium soy sauce
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- add oil to large nonstick pan over medium heat
- add onions, sugar and salt. Cook and stir until onions are caramelized (about 10 minutes)
- set aside to cool
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, soy sauce, garlic powder and1.2 teaspoon pepper and the cool caramelized onions
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve