After a three-year relationship with NASCAR driver Blake Koch in NASCAR’s top series, Matt Kaulig, owner of LeafFilter Gutter Protection, formed Kaulig Racing in 2016. With a familiar face behind the wheel, Kaulig Racing selected Blake Koch to pilot the No. 11 LeafFilter™ Gutter Protection Chevrolet Camaro for the 2016 NXS season. The team established a strong on-track presence as Koch qualified for the inaugural NASCAR XFINITY Series Chase and finished seventh in points. In 2017, Koch and the team return to NASCAR XFINITY Series competition in search of a championship. The Kaulig Racing partnership between Matt Kaulig and Blake Koch will continue to grow into the 2017 NASCAR XFINITY Series season and beyond.
NASCAR Driver Blake Koch
With nearly 200 NASCAR starts, Blake Koch has built up a large fan-base in his NASCAR career. In 2011, after only three years behind the wheel of a stock car, Koch went full-time into the NASCAR XFINITY Series. In 2013, Blake Koch qualified 2nd and finished 11th in the championship race at Homestead-Miami Speedway for the NASCAR XFINITY Series. During the 2014 NASCAR XFINITY Series season, Koch drove the No. 10 Camry in 16 races and the No. 44 Camry in 10.
- 2016: Finished a career-best seventh in the final standings after posting five top 10s, and making the inaugural NASCAR XFINITY Series Chase.
- 2015: Finished 17th in points after starting all 33 events for the first time in his career
- 2011: Finished second in NASCAR XFINITY Series Sunoco Rookie of the Year race.
- 2010: Seven top-10 finishes in nine NASCAR K&N Pro Series West starts.
- 2009: Finished second in NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Rookie of the Year race.
Partnering for Success
Setting the team up for success early on, Kaulig Racing has joined forces with Richard Childress Racing to create a technical alliance, including the use of ECR engines. Over its 46 year history, Richard Childress Racing has become synonymous with success and championships and has made a huge impact on the NASCAR industry. In fact, RCR was the first team to win championships in all three major NASCAR series.