Notes and Quotes:
- Career starts at Talladega Superspeedway: 4 (1 MENCS, 1 NXS, 1 NCWTS)
- Best Start: 7th (NCWTS, 2017)
- Best Finish: 8th (NCWTS, 2016)
- Last start at Talladega: 2017 (NCWTS)
- Last NXS start at Talladega: 2012
- Current NXS Driver Standings: 7th (242 points, -69 back)
- Last time out, Truex scored his fourth top 10 of the season, finishing 7th at Richmond Raceway.
- In 2017, Kaulig Racing earned its first NASCAR Xfinity Series Pole Award at Talladega.
- Kaulig will run the same chassis this year that won the pole award last year.
- Truex: “We’re headed to Talladega this week fresh off two top 10s in a row and we’re looking to make it three. Our superspeedway package is good and we had a lot of success at Daytona so we’re looking forward to building on that. Talladega is its own animal; it always has its own challenges. For me it’s going to be about staying out of trouble as always, staying out of the ‘Big One’, being there at the end and having a shot to put this Bar Harbor Sea Watch Chevy in victory lane. The goal is to be there at the end and have a shot so we’ll see what we can do.”
MENCS (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series)
NXS (NASCAR Xfinity Series)
NCWTS (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series)