Kaulig Racing Weekly Preview | Bristol Motor Speedway
September 13, 2023
Bass Pro Shops Night Race
Bristol Motor Speedway
NASCAR Cup Series (NCS)
Saturday, September 16 at 7:30 p.m. EDT on USA
- Kaulig Racing has made two NCS starts at Bristol Motor Speedway, earning a top 10 and top-15 finish with AJ Allmendinger and Justin Haley in the 2022 Bass Pro Shops NHRA Night Race.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Kaulig Racing has earned three top fives, 10 top-10 finishes and led 40 laps.
AJ Allmendinger, No. 16 Barger Precast Camaro ZL1
- AJ Allmendinger has made 22 NCS starts at Bristol Motor Speedway and has led 54 laps and earned two top-10 finishes, including a seventh place finish in 2022 with Kaulig Racing
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Allmendinger has led 17 laps and earned two top five and five top-10 finishes.
Justin Haley, No. 31 Mountain Dew Camaro ZL1
- Justin Haley has made two NCS starts at Bristol Motor Speedway, earning a best finish of 12th in the 2022 Bass Pro Shops NHRA Night Race.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Haley has earned one top five and five top-10 finishes with a best qualifying effort of third.
- Haley’s best finish of the season came from his runner-up finish in the first-ever race at the Chicago Street Course where he led 23 laps, the most he has led in a single race.
- After completing the 2023 Coca-Cola 600 and Alsco Uniforms 300, Haley now holds the record for the most NASCAR National Series miles completed in a single day by any driver in NASCAR history.
Food City 300
Bristol Motor Speedway
NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS)
Friday, September 15 at 7:30 p.m. EDT on USA
- Kaulig Racing has made 19 NXS starts at Bristol Motor Speedway. The team earned its lone win at Bristol when AJ Allmendinger won the 2021 Food City 300, earning the NXS regular-season championship.
- The team has also earned two top fives, nine top-10 finishes and led 126 laps at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- So far in the 2023 NXS season, Kaulig Racing has earned four wins, six pole awards, 17 top five and 41 top-10 finishes.
Daniel Hemric, No. 10 Cirkul Chevrolet Camaro
- Daniel Hemric has made seven NXS starts at Bristol Motor Speedway and has earned two top five and five top-10 finishes. Hemric has also led 147 laps at Bristol.
- Hemric enters the NXS Playoffs in 11th, five points below the cutline. He has earned five top five and 13 top-10 finishes so far in the 2023 season.
Derek Kraus, No. 11 Hardscape Construction/Crav’n Chevrolet Camaro
- The Food City 300 will mark Derek Kraus’ first start at Bristol Motor Speedway in the NXS.
- Kraus has previously made three NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS) starts at Bristol Motor Speedway, earning a pole award and a best finish of sixth.
- In his five previous starts with Kaulig Racing in 2023, Kraus three top-10 finishes.
Chandler Smith, No. 16 Barger Precast Chevrolet Camaro
- Chandler Smith will make his first start at Bristol Motor Speedway in the NXS in the Food City 300.
- Smith won the 2021 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS) race at Bristol and earned three top fives in four starts there.
- Smith enters the NXS Playoffs in sixth, three points above the cutline. He has one win, five top five and nine top-10 finishes this season.