Kaulig Racing Weekly Preview | Las Vegas Motor Speedway
October 11, 2023
South Point 400
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
NASCAR Cup Series (NCS)
Sunday, October 15 at 2:30 p.m. EDT on NBC
- Kaulig Racing has made six NCS starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and has earned a best finish of eighth and 16-laps led.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Kaulig Racing has earned one win at the Bank of America ROVAL 400, four top five and 12 top-10 finishes.
- Following a race-high of 46 laps-led in the Bank of America ROVAL 400, the team has led a total of 88 laps in the 2023 season.
AJ Allmendinger, No. 16 Nutrien Ag Solutions Camaro ZL1
- AJ Allmendinger has made 12 NCS starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and has earned two top-10 finishes and led one lap.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Allmendinger has earned one win, three top five, six top-10 finishes and has led 64 laps.
Justin Haley, No. 31 LeafFilter Gutter Protection Camaro ZL1
- Justin Haley has made five NCS starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and has earned one top 10 and one top-15 finish.
- Haley has led 16 laps at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Haley has earned one top five and five top-10 finishes, with a best qualifying effort of third.
- Haley’s best finish of the season came from his runner-up finish in the first-ever race at the Chicago Street Course where he led 23 laps, the most he has led in a single race.
- After completing the 2023 Coca-Cola 600 and Alsco Uniforms 300, Haley now holds the record for the most NASCAR National Series miles completed in a single day by any driver in NASCAR history.
Alsco Uniforms 302
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS)
Saturday, October 14 at 3:30 p.m. EDT on USA
- Kaulig Racing has made 27 NXS starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and has earned one win, one pole award, five top five and 18 top-10 finishes.
- The team has led 250 laps at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- So far in the 2023 NXS season, Kaulig Racing has earned four wins, six pole awards, 20 top fives, 45 top-10 finishes and 586-laps led.
Daniel Hemric, No. 10 Cirkul Chevrolet Camaro
- Daniel Hemric has made 10 NXS starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and has earned four top five and seven top-10 finishes. Hemric has also led 75 laps at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Hemric has earned six top five and 15 top-10 finishes so far in the 2023 season.
- The No.10 car currently sits seventh in the Owner’s Championship.
Layne Riggs, No. 11 Infinity Communications Group Chevrolet Camaro
- The Alsco Uniforms 301 will be Layne Riggs’ first NXS start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- In his first-career NXS start, Riggs earned a 19th-place-finish in Kaulig Racing’s No. 11 Chevy at Texas Motor Speedway.
Chandler Smith, No. 16 Quick Tie Products Chevrolet Camaro
- Chandler Smith will make his second start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the NXS in the Alsco Uniforms 302.
- Smith led 118 laps after earning his first pole award in the spring race at Las Vegas and finished third.
- Smith will enter the NXS Round of 8 in sixth, 11 points below the cutline. He has recorded one win, seven top five and 11 top-10 finishes this season.