Kaulig Racing Weekly Preview | Talladega Superspeedway
September 27, 2023
NASCAR Cup Series (NCS)
Sunday, October 1 at 2:00 p.m. EDT on NBC
- Kaulig Racing has made eight NCS starts at Talladega Superspeedway and has earned one top 10, two top-15 finishes and four-laps led.
Chandler Smith, No. 13 Quick Tie Products Camaro ZL1
- Chandler Smith will make his first start at Talladega Superspeedway in the NCS in the YellaWood 500.
- Smith finished 15th in his first superspeedway start in the NCS at Daytona International Speedway.
AJ Allmendinger, No. 16 Action Industries Camaro ZL1
- AJ Allmendinger has made 19 NCS starts at Talladega Superspeedway and has earned one top five, three top-10 finishes and has led 11 laps.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Allmendinger led 18 laps and earned two top five and five top-10 finishes.
Justin Haley, No. 31 Morris-Shae Bridge Co., Inc. Camaro ZL1
- Justin Haley’s first-ever NCS start came at Talladega Superspeedway at the 2019 Geico 500.
- Haley has made seven NCS starts at Talladega and has earned three top-15 finishes and led four laps.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Haley has earned one top five and five top-10 finishes, with a best qualifying effort of third.
- Haley’s best finish of the season came from his runner-up finish in the first-ever race at the Chicago Street Course where he led 23 laps, the most he has led in a single race.
- After completing the 2023 Coca-Cola 600 and Alsco Uniforms 300, Haley now holds the record for the most NASCAR National Series miles completed in a single day by any driver in NASCAR history.