Kaulig Racing Weekly Preview | Texas Motor Speedway
September 19, 2023
AutoTrader EchoPark Automotive 400
Texas Motor Speedway
NASCAR Cup Series (NCS)
Sunday, September 24 at 3:30 p.m. EDT on USA
- Kaulig Racing has made two NCS starts at Texas Motor Speedway, earning a best finish of third in the 2022 Autotrader Echo Park Automotive 500 with Justin Haley.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Kaulig Racing has earned three top fives, 10 top-10 finishes and led 40 laps.
AJ Allmendinger, No. 16 Action Industries Camaro ZL1
- AJ Allmendinger has made 20 NCS starts at Texas Motor Speedway and has earned two top-10 finishes and has an average finish of 20.8.
- Allmendinger finished seventh in the 2022 All-Star Race at Texas Motor Speedway.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Allmendinger has led 17 laps and earned two top five and five top-10 finishes.
Justin Haley, No. 31 LeafFilter Gutter Protection Camaro ZL1
- Justin Haley has made two NCS starts at Texas Motor Speedway, earning a third-place finish with Kaulig Racing in the 2022 Autotrader Echo Park Automotive 500.
- So far in the 2023 NCS season, Haley has earned one top five and five top-10 finishes with a best qualifying effort of third.
- Haley’s best finish of the season came from his runner-up finish in the first-ever race at the Chicago Street Course where he led 23 laps, the most he has led in a single race.
- After completing the 2023 Coca-Cola 600 and Alsco Uniforms 300, Haley now holds the record for the most NASCAR National Series miles completed in a single day by any driver in NASCAR history.
Andy’s Frozen Custard 300
Texas Motor Speedway
NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS)
Saturday, September 23 at 3:30 p.m. EDT on USA
- Kaulig Racing has made 25 NXS starts at Texas Motor Speedway, earning two pole awards, two top five and 12 top-10 finishes with 134-laps led.
- So far in the 2023 NXS season, Kaulig Racing has earned four wins, six pole awards, 19 top five and 43 top-10 finishes, leading a total of 586 laps.
Daniel Hemric, No. 10 Poppy Bank Chevrolet Camaro
- Daniel Hemric has made eight NXS starts at Texas Motor Speedway and has earned three top fives and four top-10 finishes. Hemric has also led 161 laps at Texas.
- Hemric sits 12 points above the cutline in sixth with two races remaining in the NXS Playoffs Round of 12. He has earned six top five and 14 top-10 finishes so far in the 2023 season.
Layne Riggs, No. 11 Infinity Communications Group Chevrolet Camaro
- Layne Riggs will make his NXS debut at Texas Motor Speedway in Saturday’s Andy’s Frozen Custard 300.
- Riggs has made six starts in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS) and earned one top-five and two top-10 finishes.
Chandler Smith, No. 16 Quick Tie Products Chevrolet Camaro
- Chandler Smith will make his first start at Texas Motor Speedway in the NXS in the Andy’s Frozen Custard 300.
- Smith made three starts at Texas in the NCTS, scoring one top five and two top-10 results.
- He sits 18 points above the cutline in fifth with two races remaining in the NXS Playoffs Round of 12. He’s scored one win, six top five and 10 top-10 finishes in 2023.